Now that September has arrived many smokers are seriously considering stopping before the cold weather, colds, flus and chest infections start.
And what’s more if you are a twenty a day smoker and quit you will SAVE a staggering £63 a week!
If you are looking for advice or help on stopping here’s some pointers from the expert – Anne Penman herself:
· Decide on your quit date and how you are going to stop. If you plan on using a nicotine substitute or drug therapy make an appointment with your doctor to discuss your options.
· Get ready - smoking depletes nutrients from our bodies so taking a multi-vitamin can give you a head start on rebuilding your health.
· Make water your new best friend, it is a fabulous quit aid that helps keep you hydrated
· Have fresh fruit chopped and ready to eat. Pineapple helps break down the mucus in your lungs and tangerines are small and easy to eat. Freeze grapes in small bunches to suck while watching TV
· Sunflower seeds, unsalted cashew nuts, almonds are all great for nibbles.
· Raw vegetables, fruits and healthy dips for snacking.
· Drink a cup of calming herbal tea to help you detox and relax
· Get support, at Anne Penman we provide a 24 helpline to answer questions, give advice or just listen.
And remember to look forward. Stopping smoking is a great thing to do, not a punishment exercise! Get excited and start planning on what you will do with your ash cash.
If you decide to use our nicotine and drug free laser option please feel free to contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07814 522557 to discuss and get help with your quit plan.